Hi, my name is Özkan Özmen. I am a wildlife photographer from Turkey. I remember so clearly the goosebumps, when i was flipping the pages of that book in the library '' wildlife photographer of the year ''.
When i closed its last page, i knew immediately, this was the very first day of my wildlife photography adventure.
With African savanna being my childhood dream, it was not difficult to decide where to start. I was fortunate to photograph wildlife in wonderful places like Masai Mara, Kruger, Pilanesberg, Kgalagadi and Etosha.
I am the founder of Big Lens Adventures. A website dedicated to wildlife photography, where i share my images, sell my photo prints as well as handmade wildlife photography equipment, and a blog for sharing my experiences and equipment reviews. The name comes from the adventures i lived with my big lens.
In the meantime my wildlife images won awards, were published & exhibited in various national & international magazines and exhibitions.
- Zoological Society of London wildlife photohography competition
Category: Urban City Life - Photo: Baby Baboon
-Izmir conservation and development of Bird Paradise Photo Safari Competition
- 2 x Honorable Mention and Exhibition
- National Geographic Turkey Magazine
50 best photos of the last 5 years Photo: Giant Kingfisher (August 2015)
- [Africa Africa] Personal photo exhibition in Kuşadası İbramaki Art Gallery
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine Turkey
Portfolio of the Month: Strobist in African savanna (December 2014 )
- Smithsonian Magazine
2x Photo of the day
- Pocketwizard blog
Article: Özkan Özmen goes on a Portrait Safari
- U.S.A National Wildlife Ptotography contest
Honorable mention Price Photo: Born to be Brutal
- Camerapixo Photography Magazine inspiring hotshots
Published Photo: Leopard of Masai Mara
Photo of the day: Photo: Watching documentary with the lion cub
- IG Metall - Respekt.tv Germany Calender
Exhibited photo: Respect the nature
- Nature History Museum Mainz Germany :
Exhibited Photo: Colours
- Kuşadası Photo Marathon
Special price winner Photo: Wings of Kuşadası